King’s International Fellowship Programme
Medical graduates from outside the UK, the EU, the EEA and Switzerland are now able to benefit from King’s International Fellowship Programme . This enables candidates to obtain registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) via professional sponsorship and high quality training at the Trust.
Launched in 2016, the one to two-year programme offers training and development under the supervision of a leading consultant and an educational supervisor in specialties including trauma, liver, and metabolic and diabetes surgery. It also helps clinicians to develop a range of valuable transferable skills such as leadership and management.
Partnering with medical facilities and sponsoring organisations to deliver a fellowship including:
- A programme delivered in partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons’ (RCS) International Surgical Training Programme (ISTP).
- Sponsorship by the RCS for registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) and the supporting Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa.
- First class training at King’s College Hospital and the provision of and supervision from a leading medical consultant and an educational supervisor.
- Access to Ricoh Europe Liver Transplant Surgery Fellowship, The Chris Lane Hepato-Biliary & Pancreatic Surgery Fellowship.
- The opportunity to develop a range of transferable skills such as: leadership, management, developing guidelines, conducting audit & research and understanding clinical governance.
- Honorary contract at King’s College Hospital.
- An award certificate of completion.
Please note that all candidates are subject to a selection process and the award of a placement is subject to GMC registration, satisfactory references, background checks and Occupational Health clearance.
If you are interested in the King’s International Fellowship Programme please contact us.