Clinical Observership Placements
Leveraging King’s experience as one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals and clinical excellence in the delivery of clinical services such as liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke and major trauma, we are able to offer a number of clinical attachments (observerships) at KCH London.
Partnering with medical facilities to deliver Clinical Observerships [attachments] for clinicians including:
- Pairing a novice clinician (junior doctor) with an experienced clinician (a consultant) to introduce the novice to a clinical discipline or environment.
- Observing clinical practice first-hand, ask relevant questions, upskill and learn new techniques.
- Directly observing surgery.
- Gaining an overview of medical processes and systems in the UK, specifically in the NHS.
- Presentation of a Certificate of Attendance
We can offer Clinical Observerships in almost every speciality including:
- Fetal Medicine
- Critical Care
Please note that all candidates are subject to a robust screening process and the award of a placement is subject to satisfactory references, background checks and Occupational Health clearance.