Ground breaking ceremony presided over by His Royal Highness, Governor of Jeddah
Following on from the success of KCH Dubai, in 2020, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust signed an agreement with Ashmore Group Plc (via its subsidiary, King’s Commercial Services) to establish KCH Jeddah, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
On 17 March 2022, the ground breaking ceremony for the facility took place and a foundation stone was laid under the patronage of the Deputy Governor of Makkah, Ministry of Health’s Assistant Undersecretary for Investment, Undersecretary for Investment Operations in the Ministry of Investment and senior representatives from King’s in London.
Lord David Prior, Chair, NHS England said:
“I congratulate King’s College Hospital and the Ashmore Group on this hugely significant development in Saudi Arabia which recognises the world class clinical skills delivered by the NHS.”
Sir Hugh Taylor, Chairman, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust added:
“We are excited to celebrate the breaking of ground ceremony for King’s Jeddah, and we are confident the new facility will benefit communities by providing excellent clinical services, specially trained staff, and high-quality care for patients.”
The hospital, set to open in 2023, will deliver the highest level of care to patients in the region and will create more than 1,200 jobs across a range of clinical services centred on four clinical peaks:
- Women’s Health
- Obesity, Metabolic Disease and Bariatric/Metabolic Surgery
Through this partnership, we will support the development of KCH Jeddah in terms of clinical expertise and protocols, assurance on quality, integration of services, guidance on facility and service set-up, as well as the recruitment of key posts and provision of education and training.
King’s work overseas – via King’s Commercial Services – helps the Trust generate funds, which are invested back into the Trust for the benefit of patients and staff.
2022 news stories
2021 news stories
- Ceremony marks formal breaking of ground for the construction of African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s
- Visit from the Christie International
- Meeting at the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Visit from Aishath Rahila, Head of Quality Governance, King’s College Hospital Dubai
- King’s College Hospital Dubai visit
- Ortho-geriatric doctor vacancies
- Consultant Radiologist (breast) vacancies