King’s team visits AMCE construction site in Abuja, Nigeria
A team from King’s Commercial (KCS) and King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust recently visited the construction site for the African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s College Hospital, London which is under construction in Abuja, Nigeria. The team was impressed with the progress made since our last visit in October 2022. A focus of the visit was to meet the AMCE Executive and Afreximbank Senior Teams as we continue to develop the Quality Framework agenda.
Nigel Brinklow, Head of International Platforms, KCS, also took the opportunity to present Brian Deaver, Chief Executive Officer for AMCE, and Oluranti Doherty, Head of Export Development at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank), with a signed letter from King’s College Hospital, London to celebrate our partnership.
The African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s College Hospital, London will provide world-class care to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region. The clinical areas the centre will specialise in are Cardiology, Haematology and Oncology. A range of businesses providing relevant health support will support this facility and provide commercial services to its patients and staff, thus creating a healthcare ecosystem sustainably designed to deliver long-term value to its community and region. This is an outstanding initiative that is set to make a decisive impact on non-communicable disease care across Nigeria and West Africa. The AMCE will benefit millions of people in Abuja and over the wider regions of West Africa. The institution will act as a beacon of healthcare in Africa and will be the employer and healthcare provider of choice across the region and is on track to open in Q1 2025.
Delegates from Afreximbank, the construction PM team, investors, King’s Commercial and King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust at the construction site for the African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s College Hospital, London.
Left to right:
Nigel Brinklow presents Oluranti Doherty, Head of Export Development, and Brian Deaver, Chief Executive Officer at the AMCE, with a framed letter from King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust celebrating our long-term partnership.
Left to right:
Richard Wairegi, Manager, Export Development Finance at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) and Roisin Mulvaney, Director of Quality Governance, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
2023 news stories
- King’s partner scoops award
- King’s Commercial attend UK Trade Mission on Healthcare to Morocco
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust joins King’s International Consortium
- King’s International Consortium is established
2022 news stories
- King’s Commercial returns to Dubai
- King’s Commercial attends Singapore trade mission
- Visit from The Speciality Hospital team
- King’s Commercial attends the NHS Confederation Conference
- Jordan and Bahrain visit
- Ground breaking ceremony presided over by His Royal Highness, Governor of Jeddah
- King’s Commercial hosts clinical networking event
2021 news stories
- Ceremony marks formal breaking of ground for the construction of African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s
- Visit from the Christie International
- Meeting at the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Visit from Aishath Rahila, Head of Quality Governance, King’s College Hospital Dubai
- King’s College Hospital Dubai visit
- Ortho-geriatric doctor vacancies
- Consultant Radiologist (breast) vacancies